ICS Milan offers a stimulating learning journey which is defined by a rich and well-structured curriculum that integrates the following frameworks:
- The British Early Years Foundation Stage, a play-based framework, featuring the learning and development goals for young children from birth to five years.
- The Cambridge Primary Programme, covering English and maths.
- The IPC - International Primary Curriculum, covering the topic-based subjects (science, social studies, geography, history, art and international mindedness).
- National recommendations for the curriculum as established by the Italian Ministry of Education for the Italian language and culture programme. In the 2016/17 academic year, ICS Milan was granted officially recognised school status (parità).
ICS Middle School (Years 7-9) has been designed to offer the Middle Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate:
ICS High School is divided in two parts:
- Year 10-11 (for students aged 14-16), offering the IGCSE Curriculum
- Year 12-13 (for students aged 17-18), offering the IB Diploma Programme
- National recommendations for the curriculum as established by the Italian Ministry of Education for the Italian language and culture programme.
ICS Milan has been officially recognised as an authorised IB World School for the MYP and the DP.
The learning journey at ICS is focused on STEAM agenda and approach which uses the process of guided creativity typical of the design process to support the development of problem-solving skills and the expression of each student’s individual potential.
Learning at ICS takes place in an English-speaking environment, with native level English-speaking teachers supported by Italian teachers. Our curriculum adheres to the Italian national requirements for kindergarten and the primary years as outlined by the Italian Ministry of Education, specifically for the Italian language, history and culture programme. The curriculum also adheres to high international standards that prepare students for a rapidly changing world thanks to an innovative, comprehensive cross-curricular programme that delivers all the core subjects.