ICS Milan offers a stimulating learning journey which is defined by a rich and well-structured curriculum that integrates the following frameworks:
- The British Early Years Foundation Stage, a play-based framework, featuring the learning and development goals for young children from birth to five years.
- The Cambridge Primary Programme, covering English and maths.
- The IPC - International Primary Curriculum, covering the topic-based subjects (science, social studies, geography, history, art and international mindedness).
- National recommendations for the curriculum as established by the Italian Ministry of Education for the Italian language and culture programme. In the 2016/17 academic year, ICS Milan was granted officially recognised school status (parità).
ICS Secondary School has been designed to offer the IB Programme of the International Baccalaureate:
- Middle Years Programme for students from 11 to 16 years old.
- IB Diploma programme* 17-18 years old.
ICS Milan has been officially recognised as an authorised IB World School for the MYP, see the certificate here.
*ICS Milan is a Candidate School** for the DP. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that ICS Milan believes is important for our students.
**Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme, or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit http://www.ibo.org
At the end of Year 9, students
Importantly, students wishing to study for the IB Diploma do not need to have completed the IB Primary Years Programme or IB Middle Years Programme; indeed, we welcome students from a variety of school systems and curricula. Our ICS teaching teams are leaders in delivering the International Baccalaureate Diploma, a comprehensive education programme taught in more than 150 countries across the globe.
ICS students are taught to thrive in a world that is rapidly changing, and they excel in their IB studies, allowing them to accept offers from many universities worldwide, including some of the world’s top universities.
The learning journey at ICS is focused on STEAM agenda and approach which uses the process of guided creativity typical of the design process to support the development of problem-solving skills and the expression of each student’s individual potential.
Learning at ICS takes place in an English-speaking environment, with native level English-speaking teachers supported by Italian teachers. Our curriculum adheres to the Italian national requirements for kindergarten and the primary years as outlined by the Italian Ministry of Education, specifically for the Italian language, history and culture programme. The curriculum also adheres to high international standards that prepare students for a rapidly changing world thanks to an innovative, comprehensive cross-curricular programme that delivers all the core subjects.