School days at kindergarten revolve around predictable daily and weekly routines that create a sense of well-being and safety for the children.
A typical day in kindergarten:
- 8.45 / 9.30 am - Welcome to school
- 9.30 am - Circle time (planning of the day)
- 10.00 am - Fruit snack and playground games
- 10.30 am - Workshops and educational activities
- 11.30 am - Free play and wash
- 12.00 am - Lunch
- 12.30 am - Brushing teeth and playground games, or free play
- 1.00 pm - Afternoon nap for children who require it; other children can relax, listen to music and story tim
- 2.00 pm - Educational activities for children not napping (usually children from reception class)
- 3.00 pm - Wash and afternoon snack
- 3.30 pm - Circle time and goodbyes
- 3.45 / 4.15 pm - Home time
There is a pre-school service available from 8.00 to 8.45 am and an after-school service available from 4.15 to 6.30 pm.